I really cannot wait for our little one to arrive!
Well, I can wait for another 7 weeks to make sure she (and we!) are ready. 7 weeks! Where has it all gone? I cannot believe that in less that two months time me and my fabulous other half are going to be parents! It's crazy. Mad. Unbelievable. Exciting. Terrifying. Amazing. Fantastic. I can't wait!
Now, I know that for the first few weeks my main focus will be making sure she's happy, fed enough, changed at the right times and sleeping enough, but after that...well have I got some plans! And I don't mean plans just for the first months - I've got plans of things I want us to do together for the next couple of years. There will obviously be lots of practical things to think about, but I can't wait to have fun as a family. Going on days out together, teaching our little girl new and exciting things, watching her grow into a little person with her own opinions and dreams; it's all so new and exciting.
Here's a little list of things I'm looking forward to doing (in no particular order - they're all going to be fantastic):
1. Going for walks in the park! - This might not seem like a biggy but how much fun will it be? She'll be able to enjoy the fresh air, see birds, butterflies and squirrels running and flying around all over the place whilst watching her first two best friends run around like mad dogs (which they are!) :) As she gets older she'll be able to throw the ball for them and run around with them herself. I can see messy picnics and lots of laughter in the future for these days.
2. Going to the zoo! - I loved the zoo when I was little and still love it now. I'm planning on getting a family pass to London Zoo so that we can go whenever we want. She'll be able to pick out her most favourite animal (mine has to be the lions - roooaaarrr! hehe) and practise all her animal sounds!
3. Holidays! - Just how much more fun will it be to go on holiday with a little bundle of excitement in tow? It'll be the biggest adventure. Sun, sea, sand and buckets and spades! I'm already looking at those special UV suit things for kids and she will be wearing armbands at all times around the pool, we'll probably have an entire suitcase full of factor 50 but I won't be overprotective...not much!
4. Crafty times! - Of course my little one will spend afternoons with crayons, felt and sticky things! I remember loving to make things when I was little and lets face it, I still do. I can't wait to spend the afternoon getting messy to make something to give to Daddy the moment he gets home from work. I especially can't wait for the look of panic in Daddy's eyes as he tries to figure out exactly what it is he's been given by his little princess.
5. Musical memories! - My amazing fiance is a brilliant guitarist. He loves music and could put together a playlist for almost any occasion (I'm about to enlist his help to muster up a labour playlist - this will be his biggest challenge yet). I can't wait to watch him playing music to and with our little princess. There will be lots of noisy playtimes to come.
6. Sightseeing! - So this one is going to start off as a treat for me and my other half but as the little one gets older it will be for her too. We love history and we love visiting the historic landmarks around London (and the rest of the UK when we get a car!). We're planning a trip to the Tower of London as soon as we feel up to it after birth, we had planned one before but my back isn't going to handle the stairs so we're going to use this as an opportunity to take lots of fun pictures with the baby on our first proper family day out. When she's older we'll go to as many of the themed days as possible to get her excited about history and learning.
7. Ice cream! - It's no secret that I'm partial to a scoop of ice cream (or three) but I can't wait to watch our little one try ice cream for the first time. I remember giving it to our niece in Florida way back in 2009 and laughing hysterically as she screwed up her face and spat it out then grabbed hold of the cone to get herself a giant handful and eat the lot! One thing to remember - make sure we have a camera ready (and tissues)!
8. Bedtime stories! - How lovely is it going to be to read bedtime stories to our daughter? Making up tales about princesses and castles or witches and robots (who knows what she'll want?). Then reading books next to her to help her get started reading? We've already bought two books for her (yes, a bit early but we couldn't resist!) and I know it's going to melt my heart to watch my man reading to our little girl.
9. Toys! - How much fun are toys?! And toy shopping?! Argh!! We haven't already been to the Disney store to work our what cuddly toys we want to buy...nope not at all...haha! I love playing with my nieces and nephews (I even get my own sweets at the tea parties) and I can't wait to give our baby her first toys and watch her play and learn with them. I'll just have to resist playing with them myself! It's going to be amazing watching her imagination develop.
10. Watching her grow! - I still can't quite understand that there is a person with the potential to be anything they want to be growing inside of me right now (you'd think after nearly 33 weeks I would have grasped the concept by now). It really is a miracle. And when she's here I get to see her grow and develop into a real life person. I'll get to help her grow, watch her make friends, see her choose her passions, help her with her homework... watch out for her stealing my make up! Then when she's older I'll be able to watch her start a family of her own - just how amazing is that? (I will not break out into 'Circle of Life' just yet...though I can feel it coming on). This really is the most exciting adventure, this little person that we haven't even met yet is going to change our lives forever.
I can't wait.